Ganga Bhawan, one of the oldest in IIT Roorkee, was named after Sir Ganga Ram, one of the greatest products of the erstwhile Thomason College of Engineering. The foundation stone of D.S. hostel D Block (presently 'A' Block) was laid by Sri B.R. Sabbarwal, Retired Chief Engineer, Bengal on Nov. 26,1956. This wing was opened by Ch.Girdhari Lal, Minister for Irrigation, Power and P.W.D., U.P. Government on Nov. 27 1960. Ganga Bhawan, inspite of being the oldest in the institute provides the modern amenities and facilities to its residents and caters well to the needs of the 650 odd residents of the bhawan alongwith new equipped modern mess facility.
Please visit Ganga Bhawan website here.